July MQHYA Spotlight- Sydney Feager
Written by Hannah Inchiostro
It is that time of the month to shine our monthly spotlight on 13-year-old Sydney Feager from Wentzville, Missouri. When Sydney was just four years old, she went to a Renaissance Fair with her family and fell in love with the pony rides. A few months later led to her dad taking her up to National Equestrian Center to watch a horse show. Sydney asked if she could ever ride like that and eight years later, she surely has proven that she can.
LYLE AND SYDNEY
Currently Sydney is making magic with her horse Lukin For An Iron, better known as Lyle. They have been working together for almost a year and she is very excited for the show season ahead. With Lyle’s great personality and willingness to learn, there is no doubt that they will accomplish lots.
MEMORIES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
● One of Sydney’s favorite memories is with her first horse, Rango in the Halloween costume class. They always had the most spectacular costumes that people didn’t even think were possible. With her current horse Lyle, her favorite moments are when warming up for their classes because his best personality shines through.
● Some accomplishments for Sydney with multiple horses that stick out are earning
○ MQHA and March To The Arch - All Around Reserve Champion
○ 4x Circuit Champion at the 2016 Gateway Classic
○ AQHA Intermediate Rider of the Year
○ Mid-Rivers Saddle Club - 3x Youth of the Year
WHEN SHE’S NOT AT THE BARN
● Currently Sydney is into Cross-fit and kickboxing as well as horses. Somehow horses have stuck through all of the cool things that Sydney has done.
● Sydney is outstanding in and out of the barn. When she’s not there, you can find her doing community service work and helping others in the community.
● Sydney’s biggest supporter would be her mom. She is constantly there to help her when others can’t make it and always deals with her no matter what mood she’s in!
THANK YOU SYDNEY FOR BEING PART OF MQHYA